Want to join the Brumfurs team? We'll be opening for staff applications on 1st November at 19:00.
To start, we want to brief you on what we'd expect from you as a part of the Staff Team:
- You'll be expected to attend the regular monthly meetings that are held the Monday prior to a furmeet (to discuss the upcoming furmeet), and the Monday after a furmeet (to discuss the furmeet that just occurred). This also includes any other meetings that may be arranged. All meetings are held over Discord.
- You'll be expected to attend a majority of the monthly furmeets. Staffing the furmeets is a team effort!
- You'll be expected to uphold a professional attitude towards attendees, the rest of the staff, and venue staff. This means being polite, kind and helpful.
- You'll be expected to take an active role in your assigned position. Not doing so may result in your termination.
- You'll be a face of the Birmingham Furs Staff Team. Make us proud!
Please note that every applicant will be background checked, meaning if you have been banned from another furmeet or convention, you may not be accepted. We will take all situations into consideration, though.
So what roles are available? We have fives roles that you can apply for:
- Meet Accountant: As the Meet Accountant, you'll be responsible for Birmingham Furs finances. Your responsibilities will include book keeping, handling the bank and Paypal accounts, filing taxes, etc. Experience in accountancy and finances is required for this role.
- Attendee Rep: As an Attendee Rep, you'll be acting as a team representative for the meets! You will be the first point of contact for any meet-goers who may have concerns, questions or suggestions. It's important to be friendly and approachable. You'll be expected to have Telegram (and/or Facebook) if you're applying for this role.
- Social Media Rep: As a Social Media Rep, you'll be handling our Social Media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter. You'll need to make sure we've got an active social media presence, which includes interacting with our attendees and posting news updates. You'll be expected to have Social Media accounts (mainly FB and Twitter) if you're applying for this role.
- Fursuit Handling Rep: As a Fursuit Handling Rep, you'll be looking after the wonderful fursuiters at our meets. This will include manning the fursuit walk, assisting fursuiters with anything they may need and looking after them to make sure they don't get into any trouble.
- Art Team Rep: As part of the art team, you'll be responsible for creating wonderful art for Birmingham Furs. This can range from website art to merchandise designs. General experience and skill is required for this role. Please note that this is not a paid role, it is voluntary. We won't take advantage of you. Anything you produce is at your own discretion.
You can apply for as many positions as you would like, however you may only be picked for one.
Any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birmingham Furs Organiser Team