We’re nearly there! 48-odd hours until our first Birmingham Furmeet at our new venue. And that means it’s time for our customary Final Thoughts.
• First, and most importantly, please be understanding with our new venue. They are learning about our group, just as we are working with them. Plans and layouts may change at short notice. However, we’ll do our best to keep things running smoothly
• Similarly, we want to create the best impression we can, so that our venue give us an even bigger welcome next month (and beyond). Therefore, please respect the venue and follow our Rules. This means no outside food/drink/sweets, no horseplay, and keep the alcohol drinking in moderation.
• The venue has two floors. The upper floor (indoors) is set aside for the Birmingham Furs. Due to our numbers, we will need to use other areas of the venue. But if you’re looking for a furry-only space, head upstairs!
• The Artist Alley will likely be on the lower floor. Soy will be heading it up this month – please direct any questions her way.
• Fursuit Walk: the route will be City Centre Gardens and Centenary Square. Map to follow. Tori will be leading the walk – any questions to him. He adds: “Don’t forget your own water, if you have it. You may also want to arrange a walk buddy to look out for you, hold your water, etc.”
• Anybody who can help with setup and takedown, please message me.
• And finally, feedback forms and donation jar will be returning.
And that’s about it! We’ll see you on Saturday – it’s going to be great.
G M N R S T Z